Nintendo July 31st, 2007 by HMTKSteve
- 10 interesting facts about Nintendo in the first half of 2007
- Through the first half of 2007, the total Wiiâ„¢ hardware sell-through in the United States and Canada combined is more than 2.3 million units (2.1 million United States, 222,000 Canada).
- For the first half of 2007, Nintendo represents nearly 70 percent of the industry growth in the United States and Canada combined.
- In June alone, Wii was once again the top-selling home console with nearly 435,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (381,800 United States, 53,000 Canada).
- In June alone, Nintendo DSâ„¢ was the top-selling video game system overall with nearly 608,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (562,000 United States, 46,000 Canada).
- Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.
- In June alone, Nintendo has six of the top 10 best-selling games in the United States, including the top four: Mario PartyÂ® 8 and Wii Playâ„¢ for Wii, and PokÃ©monÂ® Diamond and PokÃ©monÂ® Pearl for Nintendo DS.
- Of the top 30 best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007, half are for Nintendo systems.
- The three best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007 are for Nintendo systems: PokÃ©mon Diamond, Wii Play and PokÃ©mon Pearl.
- Wii already boasts more than 180 games, including 120 downloadable Virtual Consoleâ„¢ titles. By the end of the year, that total number will climb to about 330 games, including an additional 100 new games from every major third-party publisher, along with an additional 50 Virtual Console titles.
- Approximately 300 games are already available for Nintendo DS, with another 140 titles expected by the end of the year from every major third-party publisher.
*Sources: NPD and NPD Canada
No comments yet.